In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Moulsoe like this:
MOULSOE, a village and a parish in Newport-Pagnell district, Bucks. The village stands 1¼ mile W of the boundary with Beds, 1½ E of the river Onzel, 3 SE of Newport-Pagnell, and 3¾ N by W of Woburn-Sands r. station; and has a post office under Newport-Pagnell. The parish comprises 1,190 acres. Real property, £2,647. Pop., 234. Houses, 51. The manor belongs to Lord Carrington. Moulsoe Wood is a meet for the Oakley hounds. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £380.* Patron, Lord Carrington. The church is tolerable, and has a tower. There is a free school, endowed with the rent of 14 acres of land.
"The local pub, the Carrington Arms, is a very short walk away and has a good selection of wines and beers and a good sized beer garden.
Lots to do and see in the area for both adults and children.
Nothing at all bad to say about the place."